There’s a new way to buy and share D&D adventures. With the Dungeon Master’s Guild, you’ll be able to self-publish material set in the Forgotten Realms using monsters, spells, characters, and locations.
Dungeons & Dragons is all about creativity. For more than 40 years, the folks who spent the bulk of their time creating amazing adventures, those noble Dungeon Masters, did not have a convenient outlet to share them with the gamers who weren’t sitting at their table. You either had to raise money to publish a physical book or zine on your own, or convince a publisher you had the chops., The Dungeon Master’s Guild puts the power to share that creativity firmly in the hands of the DM.
- A collaboration between Dungeons & Dragons and our friends at OneBookshelf.
- Upload your creations or browse submissions from some of gaming’s most esteemed designers.
- Self-publish material set in the Forgotten Realms. Set your side trek in Neverwinter or Baldur’s Gate, have your characters go toe-to-toe with the Xanathar, the beholder crime lord of Waterdeep, or fall in with some traitorous drow in Menzoberranzan.
- Set whatever price you like for your creation. If you do decide to ask for money, you’ll get half of the revenue while OneBookshelf and Dungeons & Dragons will split the other. We care about our creators and that’s why they get the biggest cut!
- If you have more questions, you can contact OneBookshelf's Customer Service or visit the archived Reddit AMA with Mike Mearls and Chris Lindsay.
Creators can upload whatever kind of Forgotten Realms material they’d like to the Dungeon Masters Guild, but we’ll be featuring side treks, monsters, and backgrounds on the site. At this time, the Guild is only accepting Forgotten Realms material that uses the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons rules. For everything else, we’ve updated the Open Gaming License so that publishers can continue releasing their own material. Read more about the updated OGL here.