For each question, choose the correct answer from the options given....
Thank you for purchasing a badge to D&D Live 2019: The Descent, taking place Friday, May 17 through Sunday, May 19 in Los Angeles! Your badge gives you the ability experience a once-in-a-lifetime celebration of D&D by touring the sets of a fantasy location, interacting with D&D luminaries, and grabbing a seat in live studio audiences to watch some of your favorite performers roll dice together.
Please find some further information below to help you prepare for your D&D Live 2019: The Descent experience:
Bring photo identification! You will be required to present photo ID (in order to match name on badge) as well as proof of purchase to collect your badge.
You will be required to pass through a security check point with a metal detector each time you enter the event. Cosplay weapons will be inspected before entry and must be peace-bonded while on site. Live steel is absolutely not allowed on the premises.
The doors to D&D Live 2019: The Descent will open at the following times:
- Friday, May 17 – 12:00pm
- Saturday, May 18 – 8:00am
- Sunday, May 19 – 9:00am
Your badge grants you access to the courtyard area and both of the event sets, a seat in a single 3-hour D&D Epic session, and a seat at each of the evening live shows.
When you pick up your badge at the registration desk, you will receive a commemorative D&D bag filled with merchandise you can’t get anywhere else. That includes an early copy of Ghosts of Saltmarsh and exclusive swag from our partners.
- Parking is available at a public garage less than a block away from the studio (Note: This lot is not affiliated with the event and parking fees may apply.) The garage is on Romaine St between Seward St and N. Las Palmas, less than a block away from Line 204 Studios. 6600-6650 Romaine St, Los Angeles, CA 90038, but the entrance is more around 6626. Additional parking garages are available in the nearby area.
Please arrive in the West Stage area approximately 30 minutes before your scheduled D&D Epic session start time. For the sessions, please arrive no later than the following times for mustering, which is what we call the assigning your seat at the tables.
- Saturday, 8:30am – Session #1
- Saturday, 12:30pm – Session #2
- Sunday, 9:30am – Session #3
Please bring a few things to maximize your D&D Epic experience:
- Your D&D Adventurers League character (see more info below)
- Writing utensil (D&D pencils will be available)
- Lucky dice set (dice will be available)
- Miniature or token to represent your character
- Player’s Handbook, or other means to reference rules
For those who already participate in the D&D Adventurers League, this event is intended to be played as part of the upcoming Season 9.
- Characters of Tier 1 (levels 1-4) and Tier 2 (levels 5-10) are playable in this event. If you don’t have a D&D Adventurers League character, no worries—we’ll have a stack of 1st level pre-generated characters for you to choose from, although you should still bring a miniature or token to represent your character in play.
At the event:
Water will be provided, and on-site food trucks will have food and other beverages available for purchase. We’ve tried to anticipate most dietary restrictions but if there’s a specific need, we may not cover it. Please plan accordingly, and everyone is free to bring their own food and beverages if desired.
Alcoholic beverages will be sold at the concert that’s scheduled to begin seating at 4:00pm on Sunday, May 19.
D&D partners will be in attendance showing off their costumes as in-world characters. At the event, you’ll be able to visit with IDW, Beadle & Grimm’s, Death Saves, WizKids, Penny Arcade, Ludia, Han Cholo, Roll20, Dungeon Masters Guild, Wyrmwood, Gale Force Nine, Idle Champions, Fantasy Grounds, For Fans By Fans, and Syrinscape. Most will have D&D items for sale and on display. Feel free to speak to them to learn more!
There will be performers in cosplay as D&D characters on location, performing brief sketches and other interactions throughout the day. They may interact with you, so feel free to answer as if you were a fellow D&D character… you never know when your next adventure might start! And you are more than welcome to come in costume yourself.
The cosplay performers will be available to tell a story over the course of the weekend and if you participate and complete the storyline, you will be rewarded with an exclusive piece of D&D merchandise themed for the new adventure. The story will begin when you enter D&D Live 2019: The Descent but feel free to ask staff and the cosplay performers if you have any questions about how to get started.
Because some of the performances may involve stunt combat with blunted fantasy weapons, we ask that you respectfully keep distance when instructed by event staff.
We want everyone to enjoy themselves and feel the energy of the studio audience during the live games, but please refrain from talking or calling out to the performers or each other. There is only a finite amount of time for the live performances and we want to concentrate on the storytelling as much as possible.
D&D is open and inclusive to all gamers from all walks of life. Please be respectful of your fellow D&D fans, the performers at D&D Live 2019: The Descent, and the staff making this event possible. Any disruptive or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated and you’ll be asked to leave the premises.
- There will be livestreaming and photography taking place throughout the event. By purchasing a badge and entering D&D Live 2019: The Descent, you grant Wizards of the Coast the right to use your likeness, voice, and image as well as any photographs and audiovisual recordings of you while at D&D Live 2019: The Descent, for its advertising, promotional, commercial, or educational materials. You waive any right to additional consideration or compensation with respect to any such use. This authorization is granted worldwide, nonexclusively and during your participation in D&D Live 2019: The Descent.